This English version of the KoriAI Terms of Service is a translation based on the original Korean version of the KoriAI Terms of Service. If there is any conflict between these two versions, the original Korean version of the KoriAI Terms of Service shall prevail. The relationship between you and KoriAI in relation to the KoriAI Terms of Service or KoriAI Services shall be governed by the laws of Republic of Korea, and any dispute arising between you and KoriAI arising out of or in connection with the KoriAI Terms of Service or KoriAI Services, shall be resolved in accordance with the procedures set out in the Civil Procedure Act of Republic of Korea. This English version may change its translation without any notice only if the Korean version is not changed.
The purpose of this Agreement is to prescribe matters concerning the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the “User” in the use of the “Contents” of the services provided by “Kori AI” (hereinafter referred to as “Company”).
The terms used in this Agreement are defined as follows:
- The term “company” means a person who engages in economic activities related to the “content” industry and provides content and various services.
- The term “user” means a member or non-member who accesses the “Company” site and uses the “Contents” and various services provided by the “Company” in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The term “member” means a “user” who has entered into a contract with the “company” and has been given the “user” ID, who is continuously provided with the information of the “company” and can continuously use the services provided by the “company”.
- The term “non-member” means a person who is not a “member” but uses the services provided by the “company”.
- The term “content” means data or information expressed in sign, text, voice, sound, image, video, etc. used in the information and communication network under Article 2 (1) 1 of the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. and is produced or processed in electronic form to enhance its utility.
- The term “ID” means a combination of letters or numbers determined by “members” and approved by “company” for the identification and use of services.
- The term “PASSWORD” means a combination of letters or numbers determined by the “member” for confidentiality purposes after confirming that the “member” is a “member” that matches the “ID” granted.
- “Google Data,” “Google Data” or “Google API Data” refers to any data that is provided through the Google API.
3. Provision of identification information, etc.
“Company” will post the contents of these terms and conditions, trade name, name of representative, address of business office (including address where consumer complaints can be handled), phone number, copy transfer number, e-mail address, business registration number, mail order number, and personal information management manager on the initial screen. However, the terms and conditions can be viewed by the user through the connection screen.
4. Posting of Terms and Conditions
- “Company” will take technical measures to ensure that “Member” can print all of these terms and conditions and verify the terms and conditions during the transaction.
- “Company” installs technical devices to enable “User” to query and respond to “Company” and to the contents of these Terms and Conditions.
- “Company” provides a separate connection screen or pop-up screen for users to easily understand important contents such as subscription withdrawal and refund conditions among the contents stipulated in the terms and conditions before “User” agrees to the terms and conditions.
5. Revision of Terms and Conditions
- “Company” may amend these Terms to the extent that it does not violate relevant laws, such as the Online Digital Content Industry Development Act, the Consumer Protection Act in e-commerce, and the Regulation of Terms and Conditions.
- If “Company” revises the terms and conditions, notify the initial screen of the service 7 days before the application date and the reason for the revision, and send the revised terms and conditions to the existing members by e-mail.
- If the “Company” revises the terms and conditions, confirm whether the “User” agrees to the application of the revised terms and conditions after announcing the revised terms and conditions. If “User” does not agree to the application of the amended Terms, “Company” or “User” may terminate the Content Use Agreement. At this time, the “company” shall compensate the “user” for damages caused by the termination of the contract.
6. Interpretation of Terms and Conditions
The online digital content industry development law, consumer protection in e-commerce, regulation of terms and conditions, digital content user protection guidelines set by the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and other relevant laws or regulations.
- Membership registration is made when the “user” agrees to this agreement, applies for membership, and the “company” agrees to this application.
- The “user” must fill out the following in the application form for membership.
- email address
- Consent to YouTube Policy (https://www.youtube.com/t/terms)
- Other matters deemed necessary by the “Company”
- Other ways to identify yourself
- In principle, “Company” accepts the application for membership of “User”. However, the “company” may refuse the “user”‘s application for membership in any of the following cases:
- an applicant for membership has lost his/her membership by conducting an act prohibited in these terms and conditions;
- a person is not his/her real name or uses another person’s name;
- false information is entered or the essential matters of the application for membership are not entered;
- an application is made in violation of company regulations or is impossible to accept due to the intention or negligence of the “user”;
- a “user” who has not reached the age of availability has applied for the use of “content” by statutes;
- The “Company” may withhold or refuse to accept the application for subscription if it does not have room for service-related facilities or has technical or business problems.
- Where an application for membership is withheld or rejected pursuant to paragraphs (3) or (4), the “company” shall immediately notify the applicant thereof. However, this is not the case if the “company” cannot notify the applicant intentionally or without negligence.
- The membership contract is established when the consent of the “company” reaches the “user”.
8. Special provisions on membership registration, etc. of users under the age of 14
“For children under the age of 14, has a basic policy not to collect personal information under the age of 14. Therefore, if you are a resident of Korea under the age of 14, you should not create a Gori Ai account or provide personal information for the use of Gori Ai’s service, and if you violate this, Gori Ai account or service may not be provided. Korean residents under the age of 14 can request services from Gori AI with their legal representatives through separate procedures.
9. Changes of member information
- “Member” shall notify “Company” of the change by email, text message, or other means if any changes are made when applying for membership.
- “Company” shall change its personal information accordingly without delay if it is notified of any changes by “members” pursuant to paragraph (1).
- “Company” shall not be liable for any disadvantages arising from the failure of “Member” to amend in accordance with paragraph (2) or to notify “Company” of any such changes.
10. Member’s ID, password, and authentication key management obligation
- The responsibility for the management of the “ID” and “password” of the “Member” is on the “Member” and should not be allowed to use it by a third party.
- “Member” shall immediately notify “Company” and follow the instructions of “Company” if “ID” and “Password” are stolen or used by a third party.
- In the case of paragraph (2), even if the relevant “member” does not notify the “company” of the fact, or notifies the “company”, the “company” shall not be liable for any disadvantages caused by not following the guidance of the “company”.
- If “Company” notifies “Member”, it shall be the email address specified by “Member”.
- “Company” may replace the notice referred to in paragraph (1) by posting on the initial screen of the “Company” site or presenting a pop-up screen, etc., for a period of not less than 7 days when notifying the entire “Member”. However, the notice prescribed in paragraph 1 shall be given for important matters related to the change in the terms and conditions under Article 5 or the “member” itself.
12. Withdrawal of membership and loss of qualification
- “Member” may request “Company” to withdraw at any time, and “Company” shall immediately process the withdrawal of membership.
- If a “member” falls under any of the following reasons, the “company” may temporarily restrict or suspend its membership. In this case, “Company” notifies “User” of the reason.
- When applying for or changing the subscription of “members” or the use of “content”, the entry of false information;
- Stealing other people’s personal information
- Changes to information posted by “Company” or third parties
- Use, transmission or publication of information (such as computer programs) prohibited by the “Company”
- Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyrights of “company” or third parties
- Damages the reputation of “company” or a third party or interferes with business;
- Disclosure or posting of obscene or violent words or writings, images, sounds, or other information contrary to public morals on the “Company” site;
- Avoidance or incapacitation of the company’s technical protection measures
- Acts prohibited by other relevant laws and regulations or contrary to public morals
- After the “company” restricts or suspends its membership, if the same act is repeated more than twice or the reason is not corrected within 30 days, the “company” may lose its membership.
- If the “company” loses its membership, the membership registration shall be canceled. In such cases, the “member” shall be notified and given an opportunity to explain at least 30 days prior to the cancellation of membership registration.
- “Company” will display the following on the initial screen of the “Content” or on its packaging in an easy-to-understand manner:
- “Company” provides “User” with information on the minimum technical specifications necessary for the use of available devices for each “content” during the contract signing process.
14. Provision of information on “content”, etc. and establishment of a contract for use, etc
- “User” applies for use by the following or similar procedures provided by “Company”. “Company” shall provide information to ensure that “Users” understand the matters listed in each subparagraph correctly and make transactions without any mistakes or errors prior to the conclusion of the contract.
- View and select “Content” lists
- Confirmation of the terms and conditions and the actions taken by the “Company” for “Contents” that cannot be withdrawn from subscription
- Signs that accept these terms and confirm or reject them (e.g. mouse click)
- Confirmation of application for use of “content” or consent to confirmation of “company”
- The “company” may refuse to accept or withhold its consent if the user’s application for use falls under any of the following subparagraphs:
- Stealing other people’s personal information
- Where false information is stated or the contents presented by the “company” are not stated;
- Where a minor intends to use “content” prohibited under the Juvenile Protection Act;
- If there is no room for service-related facilities, or if there is a technical or business problem,
- The contract shall be deemed to have been established at the time when the consent of the “company” reaches the “user” in the form of a receipt confirmation notice under Article 16.
- The expression of intention of consent of the “company” includes information on the confirmation of the application for use of the “user” and the possibility of providing services, correction or cancellation of the application for use, etc.
15. Changes and cancellations of receipt confirmation notice and application for use
“Company” notifies “User” of the availability of “Content” when there is an application for “Content” of “User”.
- The “company” shall faithfully perform the exercise of rights and obligations prescribed by laws and regulations and these terms and conditions in good faith.
- “Company” shall have a security system to protect personal information (including credit information) so that “users” can use “content” safely, and shall disclose and comply with privacy policies.
- The Company” shall deal with any comments or complaints raised by the “User” in connection with the use of the content without delay. For opinions or complaints raised by users, the process and results are communicated through the bulletin board or e-mail.
- The “User” shall not:
- Indicate false information when applying or changing
- Stealing other people’s personal information
- Change of information posted to “Company”
- Transmission or posting of information (such as computer programs) prohibited by the “Company”
- Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyrights of “company” and other third parties
- Any act of discrediting or interfering with the business of the “Company” and other third parties
- The act of using the service for any purpose other than its original purpose, such as profit, business, advertisement, public relations, political activities, election campaigns, etc. without permission;
- Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, and promotion of information obtained using the company’s services, or commercial use of the service by exploiting known or unknown bugs
- The act of deceiving others to gain profits, and the act of causing damage to others in connection with the use of the company’s services
- An act of infringing on the intellectual property or portrait rights of a company or another person, damaging or damaging the reputation of another person
- any other illegal or unjust act
- The “user” shall comply with the relevant statutes, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, the precautions announced in connection with the “Contents”, the “Company” notifies, etc. and shall not engage in any other acts that interfere with the work of the “Company”.
18. Provision and Disruption of Content Services
- The “Company” may temporarily suspend the provision of content services if there are considerable reasons for maintenance inspection, replacement, and failure, communication disruption, or operation of information and communication facilities such as computers. In such cases, “Company” notifies “User” in the manner prescribed in Article 11 [Notification to “Member”.] However, if there is an unavoidable reason that the “company” cannot notify in advance, it may be notified afterwards.
- The “Company” may conduct regular inspections if necessary for the provision of content services, and the regular inspection hours shall be as notified on the Service Provider.
- If content services cannot be provided due to business item conversion, business abandonment, or integration between companies, “Company” notifies “User” by the method prescribed in Article 11 [Notification to “Member”] and compensates “User” according to the conditions originally stated in “Company”. However, if the “company” does not notify the compensation standard, etc., or the notified compensation standard is not appropriate, the mileage or reserves of the “users” shall be paid to the “user” in kind or in cash.
19. Changes of content service
- “Company” may make changes to the content services provided for operational and technical requirements, provided there are considerable reasons.
- The “Company” shall post the contents of the content service, the method of use, the reason for the change in the case of changing the usage time, the contents of the content service to be changed, and the date of provision, etc. on the initial screen of the relevant content for at least seven days before the change.
- In the case of paragraph (2), if the change is significant or disadvantageous to the “user”, the “company” shall notify the “user” who receives the relevant content service in the manner prescribed in Article 11 [notification to the “member”. At this time, “Company” provides pre-change services to “Users” who refuse to consent. However, if such service is not available, the contract may be terminated.
- The “company” shall compensate the “user” for damages caused by the change of service under paragraph (1) and the termination of the contract under paragraph (3).
20. Provision of information and publication of advertisements
- The “Company” may provide “Members” with various information deemed necessary by the “User” during the use of the content by means of a notice or e-mail. However, “members” can refuse to receive it at any time through e-mail, etc.
- Where the information referred to in paragraph (1) is to be transmitted by telephone or by a replica transmitter, it shall be transmitted with the prior consent of the “member”.
- “Company” may publish advertisements on the content screen, homepage, e-mail, etc. in connection with the provision of “content” services. A “member” who receives an e-mail, etc. with an advertisement may refuse to receive it to the “company”.
- “Company” complies with YouTube policy and provides services using the “YouTube Data API”. Users must also agree to the YouTube policy to use the company’s service. (https://www.youtube.com/t/terms)
- “User” can use “Content” of “Company” if they agree to use “YouTube DATA API” including “Company”‘s YouTube account view at the time of initial login and agree to “YouTube” policy.
- “User” can modify the state of agreement on Google’s privacy settings (https://myaccount.google.com/permissions?pli=1).
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights for works prepared by “Company” belong to “Company”.
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights to works provided by YouTube or partnership agreements among the services provided by “Company” belong to the provider.
- “User” shall not reproduce, transmit, publish, distribute, broadcast, or otherwise use any information obtained by using the services provided by “Company” or provider to which intellectual property rights belong to “Company” or Provider.
- “Company” shall obtain permission from the “User” if it uses the work of the “User” in accordance with the agreement.
23. Cancellation or Termination of User
- The “user” may cancel or terminate the “content” use contract if there are any of the following reasons:
- If “content” is not delivered by the time it is delivered
- Where the “user” cannot achieve the purpose of use due to the provision of defective “content”;
- Where the cumulative time of suspension or failure of use of content for one month exceeds 72 hours;
- Where it is deemed to have rejected or agreed to the terms and conditions of the amendment pursuant to Article 5(3)
- If the “Content” use contract period is at least one month, and the “User” is a consumer falling under Article 2 Subparagraph 10 of the “Door-to-door Sales, etc. Act”, the “User” may terminate the “Content” use contract at any time.
24. Effects of Cancellation or Termination of User
- If “User” cancels the “Content” use contract pursuant to Article 24 (1) or (3), “User” returns “Content” that can be returned, and “Company” refunds the payment to “User.” However, if the “user” uses the “content”, the remaining amount after deducting the usage fee during the period of use will be refunded, and the “company” will return the interest after receiving the payment from the “user”.
- If the “User” terminates the “Content” usage contract pursuant to Article 24 (1) or (3), the “Company” shall refund the amount corresponding to the unused period or the unused number of the “User” to the “User”.
- If the “user” cancels or terminates the “content” use contract pursuant to Article 24 (1) or (3), he/she may claim compensation for damages against the “company”. However, this is not the case if the “company” proves that there is no intention or negligence.
- Except as otherwise provided for in paragraphs (1) through (3), it shall be handled in accordance with the “Guidelines for the Protection of Content Users”.
25. Company’s contract cancellation, termination, and restriction on use
- The “company” may restrict the use of “content” by setting a period after prior notice if the “user” has performed the act prescribed in each subparagraph of Article 12 (2).
- The “Company” may terminate or terminate the “Content” usage contract in any of the following cases:
- In the case where a “user” who was restricted from using “content” pursuant to paragraph (1) commits an act prescribed in each subparagraph of Article 12 (2). However, this is not the case if the usage restriction has passed 6 months.
- Where the grounds have not been corrected within 30 days, even though the “company” has requested the “user” who has performed the acts prescribed in each subparagraph of Article 12 (2)
- The termination or cancellation of paragraph (2) shall take effect when the expression of intention is reached to the “user” in accordance with the method prescribed in Article 11 (1).
- The “user” may file an objection to the cancellation, termination, and restriction on use of the “company”. “Company” will immediately take necessary measures to make “Content” available to “User” if “User” is justified in filing an objection.
26. Reasons for indemnification
- “Company” shall not be responsible for any damages to “Users” if they cannot provide “Contents” due to wartime, incident, natural disasters, emergencies, technical defects that cannot be resolved by current technology, or equivalent force majeure.
- “Company” shall not be liable for “Content” use disturbances due to “User” responsible reasons.
- The company is exempted from liability unless the company intentionally or grossly erred in the event of damage to the member due to the suspension or failure of the telecommunications service by the key telecommunications operator.
- The company shall be exempted from liability unless the company intentionally or grossly negligent in the event of service suspension or failure due to unavoidable reasons such as repair, replacement, regular inspection, construction, etc. of the service facilities announced in advance.
- The company is exempt from liability for all problems arising from the member’s computer environment or problems arising from the network environment that is not intentionally or grossly negligent of the company.
- The Company shall be exempted from liability for information, data, reliability, accuracy of facts, etc. posted or transmitted by the Member or a third party in the Service or on the website unless it is intentional or gross negligence of the Company.
- The Company shall not be obliged to intervene in disputes arising between members or between members and third parties through services, nor shall it be liable to compensate for damages resulting from such disputes.
- In the case of free services provided by the company, the company does not compensate for damages unless the company intentionally or grossly erred.
- The company shall not be responsible for the failure or loss of the expected results from the use of the service, and shall be exempted from liability unless the company intentionally or grossly negligent in the selection or use of the service.
- The company is exempted from liability unless there is intentional or serious negligence of the company in the event of damage caused by a member’s computer error or by incorrectly stating or not stating personal information and e-mail address.
- The company may restrict service hours, etc. according to the relevant laws, government policies, etc. and shall be exempted from responsibility for all matters related to service use arising from these restrictions and restrictions.
- The “Company” shall properly and promptly handle any comments or complaints raised by the “User” and notify the result thereof. However, if it is difficult to expedite, the “company” notifies the “user” of the reason and the processing schedule.
- “Company” notifies the reason for the objection if it is not processed on the grounds that the opinions, etc. raised by “User” are not justified.
- In the event of a dispute between “Company” and “User”, “Company” or “User” may apply for dispute settlement with the Content Dispute Mediation Committee prescribed in Article 29 of the Content Industry Promotion Act.
A lawsuit concerning a contract for the use of “content” between “company” and “user” shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the district court having jurisdiction over the residence if there is no address at the time of filing. However, if the address or residence of the “user” is not clear at the time of filing a complaint, the competent court regarding the “content” use contract between the “company” and the “user” shall be determined in accordance with the Civil Procedure Act.
Date of announcement: Nov 1, 2022
Effective date: Nov 1, 2022